– Antibacterial action has been scientifically validated to eliminate more than 99.99% of fungi, viruses, bacteria and a wide range of microorganisms.
– Non-toxic product and environmentally friendly (biodegradable).
– Clinically tested in prosthesis for amputees with excellent results. Ideal for the manufacture of other medical applications where it’s dangerous to have bacterial contamination, such as postoperative prostheses, wound dressing and surgical equipment.
– Antibacterial properties confirmed by two microbiology laboratories in Chile and USA.
– PLActive is a FDA Registered Material and EU compliant (No. 10/2011, No. 1935/2004 and No. 2023/2006).
– The manufacturer also has ISO 9001/2015 certification and is REACH compliant.
– It has thermoforming characteristics that facilitates post-processing and final adjustments of the 3D printed application.
– The Nano-Additive maintains all the mechanical properties of the material.
PLACTIVE AN1™ is an innovative Nanocomposite developed with a high quality PLA and a patented, scientifically validated and highly effective Nano-Copper additive
NanoClean MD is an innovative Nanocomposite developed with a high quality PET-G and a patented, scientifically validated and highly effective Nano-Copper additive.
MD1 Flex is an innovative Nanocomposite developed with a high quality TPU98A (Flexible Material) and a patented, scientifically validated and highly effective Nano-Copper additive.
These graphics shows the results of studies conducted by microbiology laboratories in USA, Chile and Dubai 1,2,3.
These studies confirm that the Colony Forming Units (CFU) of Staphylococcus aureus MRSA and Escherichia coli DH5α and other common microbes, falls abruptly during the first minutes in contact with PLACTIVE, continuing the elimination of bacterial strains until reaching >99.99% elimination at 24 hours.
1. SITU Biosciences Microbiology Laboratory, USA.
2. Microbiology Laboratory of Universidad Católica de Valparaíso, Chile.
3. Al Hoty Stanger Laboratories, Dubai
“Our purpose as a company has always been related to make a global impact through innovation in materials and nanotechnology. This line of research of active/antimicrobial medical devices and applications that opens with these studies, fills us with pride as a company. We believe that we are marking a before and after in the industry and we take this honor with a great sense of responsibility.”
“We will continue on the path of applied innovation, always thinking of playing an important role in the most urgent global healthcare challenges, where our antimicrobial materials, intelligent 3D designs, rigorous processes of technical validations and laboratory certifications, can generate a new category of antimicrobial/active devices that can avoid infections at a global scale and save millions of lives.”
If you require more custom and tailored additive manufacturing solution for yourself or business, please reach out to us via our contact form, call or email. We are more than happy to help you reach your goals with 3d printing technology.